Task Force Info Center
See the latest information from the Congress, the Administration, and the Task Force, including key laws, policies, and statements that shape basic research in the physical sciences and engineering. Each page features recent developments, key documents, factoids, and links to leading committees, agencies, or organizations. Track funding levels here.
Stories that illustrate the value of scientific research and innovation.
1. Point of Agreement: a brief history of the bipartisan research agenda
2. Small Investment Yields Big Results: how NSF and Stanford helped launch Google
3. Life Without Lasers? basic research led to military, health, and commercial applications
4. Studying the Sex Life of Screwworms? funny sounding science can be serious stuff
5. NASA About More Than Space: commercial flight made safer, cleaner, cheaper
Above is the winner of a Task Force competition
for an original video explaining the benefits of basic
research in the physical sciences and engineering.
You also may enjoy the Innovation Nation series of
videos sponsored by the National Science Foundation.
Below is President Obama's address in April 2009
before the National Academies on the necessity of